Feeling anxious in certain situations can help us avoid danger, triggering our ‘fight or flight’ response. It is how we’ve evolved to keep ourselves safe. Sometimes though, we can become overly worried about perceived threats – bad things that may or may not happen. When your worries are persistent or out of proportion to the reality of the threat, and get in the way of you living your life, you may have an anxiety disorder.
Depression is a common medical condition. It can cause a low mood that doesn’t go away and makes us feel very sad or withdrawn. It interferes with the way we go about our everyday lives and can make it hard to cope. Some people describe it as being in a really dark place that’s difficult to come back from. Others describe it as a numb feeling. It’s important to get help to manage depression. There are lots of ways to treat it, and you can feel better.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a group of stress reactions that can develop after we witness a traumatic event, such as death, serious injury or sexual violence to ourselves or to others. PTSD can happen after we’ve been through one traumatic event, or after repeated exposure to trauma. Sometimes, PTSD can develop after hearing details about devastating and traumatic events many times, like the experience of some emergency workers. It’s important to seek help to manage PTSD. There are effective treatments for PTSD, and you can feel better. PTSD
Mental health experts advocate wellbeing as a way of improving our lives. Wellbeing helps us stay resilient, build social support and self-efficacy, and cope with adversity. But what exactly is wellbeing and if it’s so good for us, how do we get more of it?
Black Dog Institute
This retreat includes;
- 3 nights at luxurious retreat accommodation in the Perth Hills
- Your own private cabin
- Workshops with Clinical Psychologists who are experts in mental health and have undertaken highly specialised training in the diagnosis and psychological treatment of mental, behavioural and emotional disorders. Clinical psychology is a science-based profession which integrates theory and clinical practice to understand, prevent, and relieve psychologically based distress or dysfunction.
- 1 x 60 minute and 1 x 90 minute Spa Treatment – Choice of Hot Stone Massage, Aromatherapy Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Relaxation Massage, Head Neck and Shoulder Massage
- 2 x Continental Breakfasts
- 3 x Dinners at local restaurants
- 2 x lunches at local restaurants
- Small group of 8 women
- Prices start at $2375
Expressions of interest, please fill in the contact form below.
Dates and more information will be available soon!